Ice Use Rules
The DO’S of taking care of curling ice
- DO wear only clean shoes on the ice! Wear a gripper over non-curling shoes. These are available in the club broom cabinet by the pro shop.
- DO avoid hitting the hack with the stones.
- DO your best to keep your hands, knees, and butt off the ice.
- DO thank the ice makers for giving us our superb curling ice.
What NOT to do on the curling ice
- Knees and hands: please keep them off the ice. When any part of your body other than your feet touch the ice, it leaves prints and spots that wear down the pebble and melts holes in the ice. If you see your fellow curlers admiring their shots while still on their knees or butt please compliment them on their good shot (or not) and remind them to watch their shot while standing up.
Remember, it only takes 3 seconds to ruin the ice.
Ice Use for Practicing Sessions/Training (depending on availability)
Monday through Friday 11:30 am til 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm til 6:00 pm.
Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 pm til 3:00 pm if there is ice available.