Whitehorse Curling Club is looking for a Club Manager
The Whitehorse Curling Club is in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Whitehorse is the Yukon’s capital city and has a population of approximately 30,000. Recognized as one of the top curling facilities in North America, the Whitehorse Curling Club has hosted national and World Curling Tour events. We have 8 sheets, over 400 members, and a member’s lounge and pro shop. The curling season runs from October to April and the facility is available for events year-round. We are situated in a unique and scenic location overlooking the Yukon landscape.
The Club Manager will report to the Board of the Whitehorse Curling Club, receiving direction from the President and working closely with the Treasurer. Additionally, the Club Manager is required to maintain positive and productive relationships with the City of Whitehorse, the Yukon Curling Association, Club Members, venue users and other external groups.
While responsibilities cover the full year, the seasonal nature of the club requires a flexible and variable schedule.
- Coordinate league operations, school events, bonspiels and venue rentals
- Market and promote the Club including seeking and maintaining sponsorships, member growth and facility rentals; ensuring the Club’s social media are current; and creating and distributing promotional materials
- Oversee the financial management of the Club
- Directly supervise the Office Manager, Bookkeeper, Bar Staff and Ice Technicians
- Manage bar and pro shop inventories
- Demonstrated experience in sport organization business, event management or hospitality services
- Experience building positive relationships with municipal and volunteer associations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Post secondary degree or diploma in a related field is highly desirable
- Adaptable to a variable work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Curling experience or willingness to learn the game is preferred
A Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory prior to any confirmation of employment. We offer a competitive compensation package including relocation assistance.
For more information about the Whitehorse Curling Club, please visit www.whitehorsecurlingclub.com. For more information about the City of Whitehorse please visit www.whitehorse.ca
Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: April 15, 2020
DESIRED START DATE: As soon as possible
This is a revised posting and applicants who previously submitted resumes will be considered. We thank everyone for their interest in this position however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.